Titans A Team Shines In Losses
Paul Dharmendra Ramkissoon | Date 01/01/70
Memorial weekend provided some rest for most of the First XI players and more importantly a great opportunity for the youth and developing talent pool referred to as "Titans A" to dust off the cobwebs. The Caribbean American Cricket Council's tournament across from the St. Lucie Met's stadium would prove to be a stiff challenge as the two other teams participating were bringing their first teamers with one even being a premier division team. As it turned out, the competition and the rustiness led to two predictable losses, but that was only the obvious result. The hundreds of spectators and Titans selectors were treated to a glimpse of the future and an update on our bench strength. This sentiment is best summed up in the skipper on the day, Chuck's comments, (the solitary first teamer in the ranks).
"Our A team put up a very good fight against two full strength teams (1 being a premier division team) trying to win for our club.
A few performances are worth mentioning...
- DK's gritty batting performance in the 1st game against Port St. Lucie when we were in trouble
- The excellent ground fielding of Dilshan, Akhil and Uvin by the boundaries on the fast outfield
- The tight bowling of Gowtham in the game against Port St. Lucie
- Avinash's spirited batting performance in both games
- Akash's consistent line and length bowling troubling the heavy hitting batsman
- Akhil's successful come back bowling performance for the Titans in both games.
- DK's awesome bowling performance in the second game against Palm Beach when everyone was getting hit
I was very proud of the way our youth played. Even though we lost both games, there were a lot positives to take from this, and it is safe to say that the future of Titans cricket looks promising!"
I for one feel the more exposure to high quality competiton the better. Go Titans!